Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Islander's Yearender

As the year concludes, it is time once again to recollect and look back the 365 days of 2008.

In particular, these are the following that I am so much grateful in 2008:

• Travel – I proved that people who are lucky in their career spent less time in some other thing. Though I had few in 2008, I am still thankful that at the early part of the year I had a blast of trips --in Cebu to experience Sinulog, followed by trips to the bonbons of Bohol, multihued Marawi, Ilonggo-dominated Sultan Kudarat, Intramuros and Manila Ocean Park in Manila, and ended with an island trip to the Island Garden City of Samal in Davao.

Going to the local corners of the province is a good wandering, too.

I am not sure how much I have gone with the archipelago but my latest travel grade was a:


My Lakbayan grade is C+!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan! Created by Eugene Villar.

• Career – the thing that I owe so much from 2008. I remembered I asked from God only a part-time job, I was given one with a full-time pay. While some are jobless, who cannot consider me as the lucky one? That is why no matter how occupied and exhausted I am due to heavy schedules, I will try not to complain about being too busy.

Having two jobs gave me the opportunity to do whatever I want and experience things that I have not experienced since childhood. It was stressful but at the end of the day, it provides me the pleasure of going to the bars during weekends drinking to death without worrying the bills, eat everywhere without worrying about the budget, and buy things without considering the price (i am kuripot. haha!). For a deprived person like me experiencing these little pleasures in life is too much of a privilege.

It is also worth a mention that every undertakings we had was a success.

• Gadgets –2 possessions was lost.. a 2-month old Sony W90 digicam while in Cebu and a long time partner/collector's item-designed Nokia 7610 phone while witnessing the fiesta activity here in Surigao. This I consider misadventures in adventures. But I moved on. The N7610 was replaced by a Nokia 6120 and a Samsung Omnia and my digicam replaced by a touch panel Sony T70. I hope, with fingers-crossed plus knock on the wood, that none of them will be lost this year or forever.

• Blogging –brother google rated my blog PR3. That was in spite of the absences in the blogworld. Created in replacement of the hacked blog sometime in July this year, in a short span as October it gained PR3. I was just so happy while sitemeter is driving me crazy for going back to square one in its counting of traffics (do i have it? hehe). I also gained blogger friends whom I am looking forward to meet this year.

So there.. Yeah, mostly guilty pleasures. My way of gratifying myself for the hard works and satisfying myself for the missing pieces, for being unfortunate the past 20 years of my life. It was so selfish, but at least now I can say, I have lived a life. And I thank God for all the achievements, if there any.

2008 provides me a good life. And I want to thank God for always showering me His overflowing blessings, my fellow bloggers, my SEDF/SCCI and HTS family most especially my boss, my high school batchmates, my family, my kinkus friends in Manila, my friends in TAG Project all over Mindanao, and to everyone who made my year 2008 a fulfilling one.


This is JP saying thank you, and this is the Islander’s yearend report.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats! you've gone so far with your travel adventures.. keep it up! infairness, okey ra na nawagtang imo mga gadgets ky nareplace sya ug mas nindot ug sosyal.. naksh! hihihi.. happy new year dong! ;) hapit na sinulog! Pit Senor! :)

The Islander said...

lagi pre oy. katong niuli ko from sinulog, i tell myself not to witness the event again cause of the crowd and my aching feet. nya perteng kapoya jud.

but now, im longing to be there once again. hehehe

pusangkalye said...

grabeh---Islander kanga talga---a well desrved name kasi palang nagalugad u na Pinas----parang ako puro Luzon lang keke

pusangkalye said...

dilang pala ako ang waldas pagdating s gamit JP---naupuan ko ang digital camera ko nung Xmas eve---ayun wasak.....pero malay u me kapalalit na mas matindi yang mga nawala u----ayt?

The Islander said...

haha tama! basta lang not intentional yung pagkawala ng gamit, i believe mapapalitan yun ng mas maganda pa.

atsaka di naman nagalugad. hehe. dami ko pa ring di napupuntahan. especially sa visayas and other parts at the middle of the archipelago. sarap sana kung mag organize mga bloggers ng trip noh. haha. tas sama sama tayong maglakbay. kewl! tas pare-pareho ang posts sa blog. haha!

escape said...

oo nga. naalala ko nung ma hack yung blog mo. hirap talaga pag nagyari yon kasi mawawala lahat. kaya importanteng i-back up.

dami mo rin palang napuntahan last year. abangan namin mga byahe mo sa taong ito.

Anonymous said...

thank you dong.. pasensya na kung medyo di na nakakadalaw sa mga balwarte nyo. namimiss ko nang gumala sa mga blog nyo. hehe. pag may time... babalik at babalik ako dun...

David D'Angelo said...

Ok sa blog ah... great content. Bisita ka naman sa Pagod Ka Na Bang Maging si Juan? sa http://pagodkanaba.blogspot.com ... subscribe ka at maging follower :)

Bisitahin ko na ito more often. Thanks ulit!

Anonymous said...

Thank you sa pagdalaw... visited your site and added it to my bloglist. i will contribute articles also pag may time. thank you.

Oman said...

well done report my friend. i just can't resist visiting this blog kahit medyo semi-hibernation mode muna blog ko. i just hope that the time this year will be a lot friendlier to both of us so that we can balance everything from career to travel to blogging and to any other activities pa. thanks JP for the friendship in 2008. hope to see u in 2009 lalo na pag nagka-kaso ka.

Dakilang Islander said...

unsa man nahitabo diri dong hinay naman ang update...hihi
btw hapit na sinulog sa Cebu na pod punta ka ba? hayyyy sarap sana umattend

Ishna Probinsyana said...

oist JP! Bakit parang bumisita ako dito dati, hindi ko nakita na may update ka na? na may yearender post ka na pala? =))

Maganda naman pala ang 2008 mo. Maliban sa pagkakawala ng fone at dgcam at pagkakahack ng blog mo. hihihi.

May utang ka pa saken! Hindi ka pumunta sa Gerardo's! MOA MOA ka pa dyan. Hmpp. Haha!! =))

Good luck sa 2009 JP! :)

escape said...

JP byahe ka na ulit. kakamiss na rin mga post mo. ikaw kasi isa sa inaasahan namin na makakapagdala sa amin sa mindanao sa paraan ng blog.

Anonymous said...

wow! what a nice 2008 trip JP
makawaya isahay sa homesick imo mga byahe sa ato probinsya bisan sa mga hulagaway lang ako nakita..

wish u more trips on this year...

hope sad na ma meet takaw soon ...

veta said...

ka drama sab sa imu yearend report. mga lima kabarel ako nakahas na luha huh..:-)

ur kind, generous ug uban pa thats why grabe sab blessings sa imu:-)

Sidney said...

And what about "love"? ;-)

I wish you a happy New Year and I wish you all the best for 2009!

Dakilang Islander said...

knock! knock! knocking ur head! heheh bakit wala pa ring update dito...ano to once a year nalang?

Raft3r said...

kamusta na?

please celebrate with us
as the deadbeat club turns one

see ya around!

Anonymous said...

bai, still a long way to go but you'll get there :)

The Islander said...

i just hope that the time this year will be a lot friendlier to both of us so that we can balance everything from career to travel to blogging and to any other activities pa. thanks JP for the friendship in 2008. hope to see u in 2009 lalo na pag nagka-kaso ka.

@lawstude.. yes, im hoping that 2009 will be the same if not much better than last year. hope to have more travels too esp to neighboring asian countries, kahit wala akong passport. haha. at yung kaso... i sent you an email. though resolved na sya.

The Islander said...

@dakilang islander... murag gikapoy na kog blog. haha. sungguhon man gud kog english. hehehe.

salig lang ka ay kay permi na kay naa update.

ma-update ra lagi ni puhon. hehe

The Islander said...

@ishna... ano baaaaaa napi-pressure ako!!! wahaha.

minsan kasi inuuna kong i-upload yung mga pics bago ang lyrics (lyrics?! kanta? haha). mabagal kasi connection eh. kaya medyo delayed publishing.

ok din naman ang 2008.. pero sana mas ok ang 2009. lablayp naman ako ngayon. tapos na sa naytlayp eh. haha.

The Islander said...

@dong.. i just couldnt find the time eh. still loaded with 2 jobs. tambak tambak pa. kaya tambak din mga posts ko.

pag gusto mo talagang malibot ang mindanao virtually, bili ka ng m. magazine. madami kang mapupulot na tips kung saan maganda puntahan dito sa mindanao. it is easy to identify kasi for their 4 issues, puro babae and nasa cover page.

as in madami kang matutunan from that mag. from lifestyle to travel to local dialect.

The Islander said...

@hehehe. pag makalugar ko paglaag sa iban parts, continue gihapon ko pagpost para kinta mawaya sab imo homesick sa surigao. unta.. unta... makabyahe na ko. i am planning sailing off to dinagat. hopefully dili pa mag end an quarter makalaag na ko.

yup, anticipating for a meet up with you sab. first time nako makigmeet nan fellow blogger na surigaonon. kay si pidjanga waya pa nako igkita. hehe

The Islander said...

@veta.. thanks ven. dramatic bitaw gajud ako kinabuhi sa tinud-anay ra. hehehe. pang mmk. haha!



@sidney.. hmmm,, i thought nobody can take notice of the missing part of the report. haha! nice.

well about lovelife.. same with being unfortunate with leisure perks, unfortunate in love life too. but this year, ill be off for soulmate hunting.

thanks for the greetings and greeting you likewise.

The Islander said...

@dakilang islander.. nya kinahanglan jud sa bagul-bagol mo-knock knock? sakit baya nah.

ok back to tagalog mode.. tagal na nating magkakilala sa blogworld pero di pa tayo magkakilala sa pangalan. haha. please to meet you friend.

at wag kang magreklamo sa new posts. dinudugo ako pagdadraft. haha.

The Islander said...

@rafter.. will be there shortly to celebrate the anniversary with the deadbat club... wish you more and more years, as you continue to grow in the blogworld.



@estan.. yeah, i hope so. i would be so happy if i can follow your footsteps, and the ones that ive been looking up to.